My dad scored two tickets to see The Nutcracker downtown. He offered them to Chloe and I, and we gladly accepted! My mom was already on the way to making Chloe a holiday dress, so we just pushed to process so she could wear it tonight.
A few weeks ago, Chloe and my mom went to the fabric store and picked out a pattern and some fabric together. It’s tough to see in the pictures, but the dress is pink with white & silver snowflakes on it. They picked out some silver & pink ribbon for accents so my mom did some detail on the bodice.
Around the middle is a fluffy, pink boa with jingle bells on it.
I purchased a white & silver hair tie to wear, and also some little rhinestone jewels that screw into the hair to hold in place. She was sparkly from head to toe in her white tights & silver shoes. And since it is winter, we put on her white fuzzy gloves that she wore for Halloween and her Minnie Mouse costume. She was a doll!!
We had a few cuddles & pictures by the tree before throwing on our coats to hit the town. Knowing this event was coming, I also picked up this cute fuzzy white coat at the consignment store for $7!! What a score! It was perfect!
Once we arrived, we parked and headed into McCaw Hall. It was all decked out in lights, Nutcracker statues and the like. I tried to get Chloe to stand near the Nutcracker, but she said, “No… he looks weird!”
She was far more enthralled with the show than I thought she would be. Normally, she had a difficult time sitting still, even in a movie. But she was mesmerized and asked a lot of questions about the set, characters, etc.
During intermission, she didn’t want to get up or do anything. She kept saying how cold she was. Then I new she was getting sick. You can see it in her eyes…
It’s really amazing how quickly that stuff hits our little ones. You can literally watch it transform them. So through the 2nd half, she cuddled up to me, in my coat, and fell asleep. We were in the middle of a row, so I wasn’t about to disrupt everyone to carry her out along with all our stuff. I just let her sleep while I enjoyed the dancing, the music, and her presence close to me.
All of my favorite dances are in the 2nd half. I love the peacock, I love the dancing flowers, and even the final dance between Clara & the Nutcracker. They are all so beautiful – I get lost watching them.
Chloe’s favorite costume was Clara’s in the 2nd half… which was also the same costume on the toy ballerina in the beginning. But I don’t think she made that connection. It’s a pink tutu with gold in the bodice.
After the show, I carried her to the car where she quickly fell back to sleep once it warmed up… ZZZzzzzz
It was a fantastic and memorable evening with my girl, my babe, my little ballerina…
No comments:
Post a Comment