Monday, December 7

Compliments from my son…

I’ve been wanting to record this, but hadn’t gotten to it until now…

IMG_5832Two weeks ago, on a Saturday afternoon, I had to dress-up for a memorial service that I was attending.  Keith was sitting on my bed watching a show while I was getting ready in my bathroom.  I had on a skirt, a sweater, tights & boots, and a hat.  Without coaching, he looked over at me and said, “Mommy, you look pretty.” 

My heart just fluttered…  SERIOUSLY!

Maybe 20 minutes later, my friend Denise stopped by as I was on my way out of the house to the car.  Keith stood in the doorway, yelled out to Denise, “Dede!!  Doesn’t my mommy look pretty?!”

I can’t tell you how wonderful it felt to have such a sincere, innocent compliment from my 3 year old son.  Is there any wonder why he melts my heart daily?!

No comments: