Wednesday, December 9

Santa Claus is comin’…. to ALDERWOOD!

We made our annual trip to the mall to see MY FAVORITE Santa anywhere!  As I have mentioned in years past, he is the most realistic looking, acting Santa I have seen anywhere!  They fly him in from Colorado every year to do his stent at Alderwood.  And I am thankful for that.  I adore him!

Phil had a small workload today, so he was able to join us for the first time.  That was a treat!

IMG_6156

We got to the mall, walked to Santa’s spot, and found this sign.  BUMMER!  So having just gotten Chloe from school, we decided to eat our lunch while Santa enjoyed his cookies.  My sister (“AJ” – Aunt Jennie) met us there.  So we had some quality time with her.  After lunch, we reconvened with the line of people anticipating Santa’s return from his snack.

IMG_6158

 

Waiting is just the hardest part, isn’t it?!?  Especially when you are SOOOO excited to see Santa!

IMG_6159

 

 

 

 

Santa quickly approached to say “Hi!” to all the kids in line and take his seat.  The kids were so happy!!

IMG_6162

And we just love Santa’s clothes.  That is another thing I like about the Alderwood Santa.  He doesn’t wear all the “Santa” garb.  He is just the cutest thing!

IMG_6165

 

 

 

IMG_6173

 

 

 

 

Keith changed his tune once Santa arrived, and Chloe sweetly and patiently watched and waited as she anticipated giving Santa her colored picture, letter and list of what she wanted.  Of course this list only consisted of one very important thing – a Ballerina Doll.

CVL 1109.IMG_0005 SANTA - picture for 2009.IMG

IMG_6169Chloe’s letter simply stated:

“We love you Santa on Christmas.  Love Santa because we love you.  Ever Love.  Santa”

IMG_6177

To entertain the kids while in line, they have this carnival mirror to play with.  Had to get a pic of all of us enjoying that.  It did help to pass the time.

IMG_6179IMG_6180

When the time arrived, they both bravely walked up and approached Santa.  Chloe gave him her pictures.  And he took the time to look them over.  He called Phil over and said, “Dad – I need you to help me with this.  I don’t want to lose these here at the mall.  Will you please take these home, and leave them next to the cookies & milk on Christmas Eve?  That way I can grab them and take them home at that time”.  Phil complied.

IMG_6181

 

2009

Santa 2009.IMG

And to keep with tradition, here are years past…

          2005                                              2006

Santa 2005Santa 2006   

 

               

 

        

                 2007                                             2008

Santa 2007

Santa 2008

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

IMG_6185


Once pictures were done, we let the kids make a wish at the fountain and run around the mall.  It was a GOOD day…

IMG_6183

No comments: