Wednesday, January 20

Dad Date with Philip

My dad, who works for a local radio station, gets access to some pretty cool things.  One of them is getting tickets to media nights at the opening shows in town (Paramount, 5th Ave Theatre, etc.).

Last night was the premiere of XANADU at The Paramount.  My mom is not a huge fan of musicals, so it has become a ritual for my dad to go together.  We meet downtown, have dinner together (Thai is a favorite), and then we see the show!

I never saw the movie in 1980, but my understanding was that is was NOT that good.  However, this Broadway musical has hit everyone by surprise, and we were no exception.  It was a blast!!  The music was fun, the sarcasm and play on the cheesiness of the movie was hilarious.  It was a GREAT night!

IMG_6700 

Thank you, Philip, for our “Dad Dates”! 

I absolutely love them and am always grateful for our time and talks together!

1 comment:

Sonnet said...

Xanadu, your neon lights will shine. For you, Xanaduuuuuuuuuu! I LOVED this movie, though haven't seen the show.