Wednesday, January 20

2009-2010

Our New Year’s plans included our church this year.  They rented the entire bowling alley about 2 miles from our house.  Team Walz and the Van Liew Zoo RSVP’d and off we went!

IMG_6561

IMG_6568

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Both James & Phil have a lot of league bowling experience and were left with the task of helping the girls bowl.  Denise and I were on photo and snack duty.  And that’s the way we like it!

IMG_6560

The kids really enjoyed the bowling and were quite independent with it after a while. 

IMG_6565

IMG_6579

IMG_6580

IMG_6581

 IMG_6585

 

Keith was also in on the action, but I didn’t get any shots of him with the ball… just one in his cheek!!

And as you can see, the scoring was all over the board (no pun intended)

 IMG_6594

 

James ended with 215, Kate had 23 (pretty darn good for a 5 year old!), and in the middle of the game Chloe was up to 1!!

 IMG_6589

Half way through the evening, our Pastor Mark Driscoll  showed up with his family.  That was a treat as we rarely get to see him off camera being the north end campus.

IMG_6595

 

Mark was very cool & approachable, even in the midst of all the people.  As I was walking Keith around the alley, we ran into him and 2 of his kiddos at the ice-cream vending machine.  He asked if he could buy Keith a cone.  What a sweet gesture!  Keith picked a Sponge Bob Square Pants cone.  I was a little embarrassed until I saw that both his kids had the same thing!

After the festivities at the bowling alley, we all headed back to the Walz abode for a family sleepover!

IMG_6599

IMG_6601The kids went to sleep soon after getting there.  The adults all cuddled up on the couch – champagne in hand – and watched movies.  First up, Valley Girl, from the 80’s!  We were all quoted it left and right.  Then we watched The Proposal, a newer Sandra Bullock flick.  After going to bed at 2:30am, everyone woke up to James’ waffles.  Denise and I were the exception – we had one of our favorite things… lox and bagel! 

 

IMG_6602

 IMG_6603

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

It was a GREAT kickoff to a new year.  Phil and I are hoping for a more lucrative year – spiritually, financially and relationally. 

Best wishes to YOU and YOURS!

No comments: