Last year’s trip to Laurelhurst was so successful that we decided to head there again this year. And when I say “successful”, I define that by the atmosphere and participation levels, not the candy! About 90% of the houses participate, there are lots of people, and it is such a safe place to celebrate. Again, this is the neighborhood that Phil grew up in. I hope he realizes how blessed he was to grow up in such a place!! And the most we can offer our kids is to let them experience some of the activities there.
My brother and his bride-to-be joined us for the festivities. Dan came straight from work… and no, he doesn’t work at Hooters, but this was his costume at Hector’s for Halloween. Need I say more, really…?
Chloe wanted to dress up like Charlotte from “Princess & the Frog”. We took the Belle pin off the Bell dress, and just made it a ball gown - adding a boa, some gloves, pearly, etc. AND Chloe made her own Trick-r-Treat bag to carry this year!!
Keith surprisingly dressed up like Darth Vader. Upon arrival at the Van Liew’s house, where we met up with Team Walz, he was handed a new light saber. But not just ANY light saber. This one actually makes sound and lights up. He wasted no time in battling Princess Leia, played by Kate.
We went in for a quick visit with Grandma and Grandpa Van Liew before hitting the doors. I caught this great shot of DeeDee and Chloe there.![]()
After our visit, we went out the side door, and went up to the front door and do an official “trick or treat” knock with Grandma. Then it was official - we were on our way!!
Again, another great night. And to have Dan and Claire there with us made it extra special. Next year, we have given an advance notice to the Buenemans in hopes that they will make the trek from Covington to TrT with us in Laurelhurst. Chris also lived in Laurelhurst for a time.
2 comments:
and it's a PURPLE lightsaber, SO COOL...Gibson is officially jealous.
Oh, and I LOVE Dan's costume. He looks awesome.
Post a Comment