Wednesday, November 24

MHC Women’s Retreat

IDENTITY & IDOLATRY ..

IMG_8463…was the theme of the weekend.  They had 5 speakers who looked at 5 different identities that women tend to fall under, holding idols in that particular area…

“The Failure”, “The Whore”, “The Bitch”, “The Impostor”, and “The Pharisee”.  It was an intense session, and there was much to think about.

IMG_8465

They held it at Suncadia.  Yes, it is the same place that Phil and I had spent our anniversary at just 2 weeks prior.  But hey, it is such a beautiful spot, I didn’t mind!!

IMG_8470

All of the women in my community group (5 of us) participated.  My friend, Denise, made this possible by her support.  And I am so thankful as it was a weekend for growth in many ways.

IMG_8466

We all arrived on Friday afternoon/evening where we were greeted with a sit down, full service dinner!  It was awesome!  All the moms were there with big smiles… a hot meal, without having to get up for anything!

IMG_8462

 

We had one session on Friday evening, 3 on Saturday, and one on Sunday morning.  Saturday afternoon had some down time.  Denise, Sara and I hung out in there room and watched a movie late in the afternoon.  I took the time to knit my first item of the season…a pair of fingerless gloves with some left over yarn that I had.  I just wanted to get back in the swing of things.  They turned out good, and I ended up giving them to Sara.  :)    

IMG_8468IMG_8469

IMG_8471On Sunday, after check out, I went over to the golf clubhouse where it was quiet for the morning.  I sat out on their deck and did some further reflection from the weekend.  I’m glad I did it, as I was able to write some things down that I didn’t have time to during sessions.

 

IMG_8473

I am very thankful for my girlfriends, my church, the teaching, and for my beloved family that was waiting at home for me upon return.  Thank you, Jesus!!

1 comment:

April said...

Looks like a great weekend. I'm glad you could go. I want a pair of those gloves, we'll have to talk about that :)