This year I am a “Room Parent” for Chloe’s 1st grade class. There is one other mom who coordinates all the volunteers and classroom activities (Stacy Silva). She and I planned out the kids Halloween Party for their class. We got there early and decorated the room while the kids were at lunch and at recess.
Here we are, left to right…Stacy, Mrs. Heide Lang, and myself. It was Stacy’s idea to dress up as THING 1 & 2, since Mrs. Lang is a HUGE Dr. Suess fan and was going to dress as such.
We had a few activities for the kids. The main one was Halloween shakers. Stacy and I painted the paper mache balls, sticks, glued them together, cut ribbon and prepped all the shapes for the kids. Then they were ready for the kids to assemble the face of choice. We had some samples for them.
The kids were all in costumes. Here is a sweet shot of Seville & Chloe.
The other craft was a Halloween necklace - with reflectors and decorations that they could wear while trick-R-treating.
Mrs. Lang read a book while we prepped for treats and food. We had fruit, veggies, and cupcakes to nibble on.
While all this was going on, Uncle Dan took Keith outside to play as he was getting a bit overwhelmed by the chaos of the classroom.
I would definitely say the party was a success!!
No comments:
Post a Comment