Saturday, February 21

Motorcycles & Sleepovers

It was a low-key Saturday. We spent the day mostly at home, with a little side trip to the Home Depot as a family. Phil is finally starting to hand the mosaic tiles in our kitchen (back splash) and we needed some backer board. We are trying to do everything as a family since our time is so limited. So we all hopped in the car to his the Depot.

Later that afternoon, the Walz' dropped off their daughter, Kate, for a sleepover with Chloe. About that same time, my brother Dan dropped by with his motorcycle. The kids were a bit taken with it. Kate has been influenced by her mom, Denise, who has had more than one friend/family seriously inured on a motorcycle. So, my brother walks in and Kate says, "Motorcycles are dangerous!" What is REALLY funny is right after James & Denise left for their evening, Kate asked if she could sit on the motorcycle. Out of respect for Denise, I called for permission. They agreed... so here you have it - Kate on a motorcycle!!

Keith too!

In the past, Chloe has freaked out at the mere site of me near the motorcycle. What she doesn't know is that someday, Mommy with have her own!!! Phil got me licensed to ride. I haven't actually ridden one since our class so I am waiting for a refresher just to be safe. In the meantime I like to ride with my brother. ANYWAY - instead of shying away, Chloe actually came running out to watch all the racket. She had quickly gotten herself dressed, so she came out the door with thermal pants, a pull up on the outside and her big brown boots. SO HILARIOUS! She only wears her pull ups at night, so the fact that she put them on, and then on the outside, leads to me to believe she just couldn't find her underpants quickly enough!

Surprisingly, she didn't cry when I climbed on the bike, and she watched me off, down the road. Actually, Phil said it was Keith who slowly whined,.... "I want my mommy!" as I rode off. Dan and I just went out for about 10-15 minutes, riding down around the water to watch the sunset. It was pretty brick outside, so we didn't stay out long.




Later in the evening, the girls and I made homemade ice-cream - strawberry! They each took turns stirring the mix - including Keith who got to put in the vanilla!











And after a quick treat, they were all off to bed - which was a 1 hour process! So we started early. Keith passed some time in our bedroom being tickle-tortured by Daddy! Had to snap a few pics of that!




And then the girls started to read books until they got settled to sleep.






It took a bit of encouragement to calm down but eventually they both fell asleep. Actually, all was good until about midnight when Kate woke up disoriented and asked to go home. So for the best interest of everyone, Mommy & Daddy came and picked her up.

1 comment:

Addie said...

Chloe's fashion never ceases to amaze me! That's hilarious! It sounds like you had a fun weekend.