Thursday, September 10

The School Bus

Phil got to pick up Chloe from school on her first day.  He wanted the honors, and since he couldn’t join me in the morning, I was fine to let him do that.  According to Daddy, she was just fine from school, but then immediately upset when she wasn’t able to climb aboard the bus like many of her classmates were doing.

Phil and I hadn’t even considered putting her on a bus.  First of all, she is going to a school out of our original district.  We had transferred her for many reasons (district budgets, school crowding, proximity, etc.)  And because of that, I just assumed I would be driving her, daily, to and from school.  But I decided to call the district and inquire about putting Chloe on a bus if I was able to drive her to a bus-stop instead. 

IMG_5281Long story short (if it’s not too late!), we set up a way for her to do so!  And really, it works even better for all of us, including Keith.  This way, I can scoot over to the bus-stop (about 3 blocks from our house), keep Keith in his jammies, and get Chloe on the bus without even taking Keith out of the car!  Saves TONS-O-TIME over street parking at school, getting Keith out, walking Chloe to the classroom – and doing the same 3 hours later, everyday.  The bus ride gives Mommy & Keith an extra 1/2 hour together during the day, and it is less driving!  Thank you, Jesus!!!  So on the 2nd day of school, she got to ride the bus, and has been since!  IMG_5280

Here is Chloe doing an arabesque while waiting for the bus…clearly very excited.  The little 1st grade boys just watched on as this little PINK Kindergartener showed them the proper stance for waiting at the bus stop!

AND HERE IT COMES…………

IMG_5282

Chloe quickly did a jig and then grabbed her backpack!

 IMG_5284 IMG_5285

I seriously was expecting her to grab my leg and refuse to get on once that big yellow bus got so close.  I thought she’d change her mind.   NOPE!  She jumped right on and sat down – didn’t even look back!  GEESH!!!

IMG_5286

Once on the bus, she looked out the window at me, waved, and threw the sign for “I LOVE YOU” with her hands.

 

What more could a mommy ask for?!?!  Have fun, Babe!!

No comments: