Thursday, September 10

Kindergarteners…. COME ON DOWN!!

IMG_5279IMG_5278  

IMG_5292

 

 

 

Well, it’s here – our oldest is now a Kindergartener.  WHOO HOO!!!  This is so exciting!  And I’m not the only fill with enthusiasm for this new stage… Chloe is too!  And that, my readers, is even more glorious!  We want her to have a positive start to the next 13 years.  So far, so good!

 IMG_5257IMG_5256

My neighbor was nice enough to take Keith for the morning (about an hour) so that I could focus just on Chloe on this landmark day.  We had breakfast, got dressed, grabbed our backpack, supplies, and off we went!

IMG_5259I brought my camera (clearly), but I wasn’t the only parent with a camera in hand at the door of Room 1.  Actually, there was a Dad who showed up with a big, movie-style camera.  I told him he was putting the rest of us to shame!

IMG_5260

 

   

 

While we were waiting for the bell and the door to open, the school mascot was making it’s rounds.  Apparently we are the Syre Cougars.  I didn’t know that until I saw this fuzzy person walk up.  My first reaction ---- WHY?!  WHY does IMG_5262this person need to scare our Kindergarteners before the day even begins?!?!?  As you can see Chloe, was a bit shy and wouldn’t even make eye contact!   IMG_5263

 

 

 

 

But soon enough, the cougar walked away.  And no, the tongue below is NOT for the cougar.  Actually, I don’t even know what it is for.  I think she was just making faces and I happened to catch it!

IMG_5265IMG_5267

Then there was the wait… that dreaded 5 minute wait between the time we arrived and the time the teacher opens the door.  You can just see the enthusiasm of the kiddos…  And I think the weight of Chloe’s backpack with all the supplies started to get to her as soon enough, she ended up putting it down and cuddling next to it!!IMG_5268

IMG_5271

 

 

 

 

 

 

AND THEN IT HAPPENED!! 

DING… DING… DING…

The bell rings.  And the door opens.

This is Mrs. Hashimoto.  She is Chloe’s teacher.  There are 19 kids in Chloe’s class.  And here is the inside of Chloe’s room.  The teacher was sweet enough to let the parents huddle in the corner for the first 5 minutes or so.  Teacher showed the kids where to hang up bags & coats, and then to find their name at their tables.    IMG_5273 IMG_5274

IMG_5272Chloe was so ecstatic to unload her supplies from her backpack!  Whew!!  And soon enough, she was at her table, coloring, and not even noticing that I was leaving.

IMG_5277

 

 

 

 

I suppose that is bittersweet, but I’ll take it.  I want my girl to feel safe, independent and at ease in her new space….

I LOVE YOU, CHLOE!  I’m So proud of you!!!  And just for the record, I DIDN’T cry!  It’s a miracle as I cry too easily some times.  I cried when I dropped Chloe off for her first day of preschool 2 years ago, but I made it through today.  Go figure!

No comments: