Friday, September 11

Phil’s Phun Phortieth

 

9.9.69

That is the date of my husband’s birth. 2009 minus 1969 equals…

39…40!!!

When I asked Phil what he would like to do for his 40th, he said, “Gather some close family friends of ours, and hit the park for pulled pork”.  OK, and what else would you like to enjoy with your pork…  “beans, salad, Denise’s jambalaya, cornbread & Snickerdoodles!”   Talk about a man who knows what he wants.  It was up to me to make it happen, and I have the technology.  So off I went – to plan and pull it together.  Picture1 We chose Hickman Park as it is a BRAND NEW park near our home that just opened a month ago.  It’s beautiful, new, clean, and safe.  And they have an amazing shelter with cover, cement counters, a sink, and electricity.  That made it much easier for me to feed 17 adults & 17 kids!!

IMG_5302

We had both Snickerdoodle cookies AND Snickerdoodle cupcakes.  Why?  Because I’m an overachiever (as my mother tells me!)

IMG_5304IMG_5303

We did our best to embarrass Phil so I put up some old pictures that I found in albums we have… dating from 9 years old to college.  Funny, one of the buddies in his junior high picture was AT the party! IMG_5296

I had ordered some special M&Ms online that had pictures of Phil with the kids on them.  The other ones said, “We Love Daddy!”  The kids at the party loved the dispenser!

IMG_5295

 

    Both the adults and the kids all had a good time.  The weather was not perfect – cold & a bit windy with rain off and on.  But we had a shelter and coats.  We made the best of it… as you almost always have to do in Seattle!

IMG_5307

Here is Phil with his good buddy, Chris.  Chris was the Best Man at our wedding 12 years ago.  Phil has known him more than half his life.

IMG_5308

Here are some of the many kiddos that were enjoying the festivities!

 IMG_5327

 

 

IMG_5311

 

 

 

 

IMG_5312

IMG_5313

 

 

 

 

 

IMG_5314

 

 

 

 

IMG_5316IMG_5320IMG_5325

 IMG_5323

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BABE! 

We all love you so much!!

IMG_5300

PVL old pics_0007 PVL jr high

PVL old pics_0001 

 

PVL old pics_0006

 

 

PVL old pics_0005

   

 

PVL old pics_0003

 

No comments: