Wednesday evening I came down with a sore, lumpy throat. By morning, my sinuses were congested, and I had that awful sinus headache. By Friday, I really felt icky – low energy, horribly sore throat and stuffy head. But I was certain it was hump and that it would only get better from there.
This morning I woke up feeling the worst I have felt yet. UGH! But I was blessed today. My husband, who was struggling with his own illness earlier in the week (chest cough) stepped up without complaint, and took the kids all day. He took them to a birthday party and entertained them into the afternoon while I rested in bed.
On top of that, there were sweet little comments left on my Facebook page wishing me well. Funny how a “social network” can provide comfort in an emotional time of need. I just appreciated all the check-ins and sweet wishes from people.
Finally, I had some dear friends bring dinner over to our home, along with some juice, medicine and a thoughtful gift unrelated to illness. I love community. It is where hospitality dwells.
In the midst of sickness, I am thankful… very thankful…
No comments:
Post a Comment