Thursday, November 18

Pumpkin Carving

 IMG_8276 IMG_8278 

Our annual pumpkin carving with Team Walz and the Buenemans took place at the Walz’s house this year.  The kids and I went out, the day of, to pick out our pumpkins.

And I have to say that this year was the most fun by far.  The kids are finally to that age where they aren’t afraid of pumpkin guts or really getting into the designing, cutting, etc.  I LOVE THAT!

IMG_8310

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I helped Chloe while Phil helped Keiffy.

IMG_8296

 

IMG_8280IMG_8281

Chris was there working with Taylor, creating their masterpiece!

IMG_8289IMG_8316

 

IMG_8291

And

 

 

James was working with Kate on a mermaid pumpkin…yep, more on that in a minute!

 

IMG_8287

IMG_8290

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chloe and I designed as we carved.  She would tell me which kind of eyes she would want, then I would cut them.  Then we would work on the nose, etc…

Keith, well, he just went to town with the poker and knife. 

“ROCK ON!”, he says

IMG_8297

IMG_8317

     IMG_8318     

Now, back to that mermaid.  Kate drew a picture on paper of what she wanted.  It was a mermaid.  Hmmm…. how’s the Daddy going to pull that one off?!  Well, he did!  He mounted the paper onto the pumpkin, and outlined her lines with a poker.  Then, removing the paper, he cutting connecting the dots.  Of course, being James Walz, he then proceeded to get fancy with peeling skin off certain places instead of cutting all the way through, thus created dimension.  Show off!!  Turned out pretty awesome, too!

IMG_8319IMG_8330

 

 

    

 

 

 

 

Pumpkin carving is HARD work, so the kids were rewarded with cupcakes and plastic rings!

IMG_8324

     IMG_8322 

IMG_8328

And before leaving, we had the kids take a picture next to each of their pumpkins!  Super cute!!  Can’t wait until next year already!!

       IMG_8337  IMG_8342

No comments: