Thursday, March 18

A Bridesmaid at 40!

IMG_6935

Just when you think that you are too old to ever be considered a bridesmaid… along comes a brother, who gets engaged to an ADORABLE girl, who captures my heart, and asks me to stand up with her in a wedding!  WHEW!! 

My mom hands me a gift bag, says it’s from Claire.  Oh… ok.  I wonder what/why she got me a gift?  As I proceed to open the bag, there is a shoe box.  It can’t possibly be a pair of shoes.  Why would my brother’s fiancĂ© get me a pair of shoes?!  So i open the box expecting it to be something that fit nicely in that box.  What do you know…

IMG_6929

IT’s A PAIR OF SHOES!  Seriously?  Seriously!!  IMG_6931

I am so tickled, but WHY?  I love the shoes… are they mine?

I proceed to open the card that came inside.

 IMG_6933

Ok, so then I cry.  Me?  “I’m not worthy!!”  Then I proceed to read the writing in the card – which I have chosen NOT to share because I haven’t gotten her permission… but it was beautiful.  We have a bond, a bond that revolves around our Lord, Jesus Christ.  And I feel touched, that she would have me there, with her, with my beloved brother, with all the cute other young gals that I am sure will also be up there.  She is 27.  The other gals are surely non-moms, or tri-athletes, or size 2!  But that she would want me there is what I focus on.

I’m just tickled…  and of course my answer is

YES!!

2 comments:

terra said...

Tamara that is so great. She is going to be so blessed to have you as a sister in-law. Congrats and I am so excited for you.

Addie said...

those are the cutest shoes! I know you'll have a great time and of course be a beautiful bridesmaid!