Saturday, October 24

Paula Cole

paula cole tix

Phil came to me earlier this week and said, “I bought some tickets to see Paula Cole at the Edmonds Center this weekend.”  I was SOOO excited!  It isn’t like him to do that, and I was tickled to the bone to know that he took that initiative!

51613

 

 

 

Phil’s parents had generously given us a little $$ to spend for our anniversary.  And we were happy to get a night away.

 

Marilyn came last evening to babysit the kids.  She arrived about 5:30, and we had 6pm reservations for dinner.  We had a very quiet, relaxing dinner, good discussion, and watched the rain out the window of the restaurant.

The restaurant was 4 blocks from the art center, so after dinner, we took a walk in the mist.  It was cool outside as we were on the Edmonds waterfront.  But it was so refreshing after our dinner.

There is NO bad seat at the ECA…none!  We actually sat in the SAME seats as we did one year ago when we took our kids to see Ralph Covert.  Funny…  and we were only 20 feet from the stage.  The venue is so intimate that it really invites the artist to be more personable.  That has been my experience in the few shows we have seen there.

pcolel

The concert was very good, and both being musicians, Phil and I love to talk about all that surrounds a concert – the sound, the production, the musicians on stage, the lyrics, all of it…

Paula Cole is an amazing vocalist and far more eccentric than I would have predicted on stage.  I have been a fan since her first 2 albums (“Harbinger” and “This Fire”).  I am not as familiar with her newer stuff, but got some exposure at the show last night.

6a313a2bbb22fd4db276fb7af5daee8f  PAULA%20COLE%20-%20THIS%20FIRE%20-%20CD_LG 

 

 

 

 

 

paulacole

After the show was a nice walk back to our car…and a chance to reminisce over the evening.  I was so thankful to Phil for planning such an evening – out of character for him – and so wonderful to me!

 

Thanks, Honey!!

XOXO

No comments: