Monday, October 19

Official “3-Day” Potty Training

Now that Keith is 3, we decided that potty training was a MUST.  It will allow us to save $$ from diapers, and it allows him to start preschool when that opportunity comes up.  Besides, he is DUE to be a BIG BOY!  We following the “3-Day Potty Training” program online.  It’s AWESOME!  It has worked for my girlfriends, and it worked great for us, too.

Day 1 – he and I went into his room, the car and our backpacks and pulled out all the diapers.  “NO MORE DIAPERS"!” he’d say, as he held up his arms!!

IMG_5582IMG_5583

I put on his new boxer briefs, and away we went.  The goal is to not leave his side for 3 days.  And so we made plans for Chloe.  We did this on a Friday, Sat & Sun.  Friday, Chloe didn’t have school, so she spent the day with Marilyn.  Keith and I stayed home all day Fri & Sat. 

IMG_5587

We stayed busy playing games, watching movies, building forts, and just hanging out.

IMG_5585

IMG_5591

My biggest worry, truly, was not seeing Keith’s bum in a diaper!  i love his legs and butt!!  But once I saw him in these boxer briefs, I was put at ease.  Still as cute as ever!!!  :-)

Sun morning was our first outing – to church.  He did it!  Stayed dry.  And has been every since.  We have had a few night time accidents, but the day times are totally dry – poops & pees in the potty with no problem.  And the past 4 nights have been totally dry!

BIG BOY!!

During these days, he also caught some cat naps here and there.  He has outgrown his naps, but being home ALL the time allowed him to drift off now and then.  And that was ok – because I caught some fun photos!…

IMG_5596

 

IMG_5600

IMG_5599

 

So sweet….  he usually sleeps with his mouth closed, but not today!

 

1 comment:

terra said...

way to go keith. Isn't life great now? You are a true big boy. love the boxers.