Saturday, August 22

A dip in Lake Washington

IMG_5111

Today we went to Houghton Park in Kirkland, by my mom’s suggestion.  It’s a great beach on Lake Washington with life guards, roped areas, a playground, real bathrooms, and choice of a sandy or grassy area along the water.

IMG_5109

 

 

IMG_5110IMG_5107

The lifeguards offer life vests, which Chloe preferred over the floaties.  They were free, so that worked great!  The kids had a blast both playing in the sand and swimming in the lake. 

IMG_5113

 

 

 

Both of them would swim out to the first rope!  It was awesome!  I wore my suit at well and swam with them.  I think that Chloe really liked watching me swim and go under  water.  Since she is in swimming lessons and can appreciate all that now, it was a big deal to her.

Once in the car, the kids were zonked! 

 IMG_5118

As I drove across the 520 bridge, I held my camera blindly into the backseat to get some shots.  Not too bad, huh?!?

IMG_5128IMG_5127

Seriously, aren’t they beautiful when they sleep?!?!

No comments: