Sunday, July 12

My Sweet Girl

Denise & I took the girls, Kate & Chloe, to get their hair cut a week ago Friday. We go to a little place in Wallingford Center called Lil' Klippers. There is a gal there, "Jen", who is just amazing with our girls. And for us, it is worth it to go there just to get her!

With Chloe's thick hair, I decided that I wanted it short, and I wanted bangs. Her hair is heavy enough that it is constantly in her face, and most of the time, if it isn't pulled back, she is literally holding her hair in one hand. It's crazy! So I stepped out of my comfort zone and asked that they chop it off.

Chloe had VERY curly hair when she was younger.... here she is at 18 months...

And then at Keith's age (2)...


And finally, today, at 5 years old.

Her hair is still very thick... but perfectly straight! I miss her curls... truly. I mourn them. But she is turning into such a little lady. She has gone over that hump from needy toddler, to Mommy's shadow & sweet helper. She is wanting to match me, do the things that I do, and help me at every opportunity. I can't even tell you how this warms my heart. We have a fun little bond, one that I treasure. I can only pray that this time will leave an impression on her heart, one that she might turn to later in life.

We talk about emotions, we have cried together and talked together. Yes, she is only 5, but I am making every effort to build those bridges now, before it is too late.



No comments: