Sunday, July 12

Designated Uncle Dan Days


With the hot weather getting hotter & hotter, we made the best of it and hit the lake!











My brother's girlfriend, Claire, came along and brought Henry, the little boy that she nanny's for.





We had a paddle boat to play with in the water, but I think that most of the kids enjoyed it more on land than in the water!
Actually, maybe it was the BIG kids who enjoyed it more on land (Dan!!)

As always, Chloe and Keith stuck close together. They were careful around the water. I don't know if that is because the water is chilly, or because they just don't swim a lot. Regardless, they had a fantastic time splashing, watching other kids, and chasing each other back and forth along the beach.
The ice-cream trucks travel along Lk Washington Boulevard, so you could easily run up to the street and catch one if you wanted. Dan bought the kids some treats.... Keith chose a Spiderman Popsicle, and Chloe chose the Dora one.










We were at the lake from about 11am to 4pm!! And really, I think the kids would have stayed longer if given the chance.
Dan was finally able to get Chloe in the water later in the afternoon. It took her that long to warm up to the idea (no pun intended!). But leave it to Dan to get her to do something new. He is so good at that!!









Keith was too little to jump in as it was instantly up to his head. But he found joy in filling / dumping / filling / dumping the blue bucket! There was a little crack in the bucket and when it would leak, he called it a "shower"!













These beautiful days are the ones that I really enjoy with them. I love watching my brother with the kids. They ADORE him, and vice verse. It a magical thing...



No comments: