Wednesday, May 6

Mother's Day Tea

The preschool had their annual Mother's Day Tea this morning. It is always so fun to see what the kids make for their projects. Last year, if you were a reader, I got a cool garden stone made in a mosaic style with buttons, beads & pictures in it (here is a picture from last year)...

This year they painted picture frames and put a picture of themselves in it. Chloe did her own striped pattern on her frame (the teachers were sure to let me know that the pattern was HER idea and HER doing, not theirs!) - pretty darn impressive. I am almost certain that I have a little artist on my hands.



They even had it wrapped in a piece of art. Chloe painted the wrapping paper - it really was so beautiful! I just love stuff like this! The teacher told me that the teacher's assistant had painted a piece of paper to show the kids some "ideas" of what they could do in decorating the paper. Apparently, Chloe copied that sample verbatim... each little detail, shape, everything. If you put Chloe's next to the teachers, you wouldn't be able to tell them apart! I thought that was hilarious!!


In the center of the table were some coloring sheets & a craft for making a flower by tracing the kids' hands and making flowers with them.













At the start of the luncheon, the kids all came out on stage (by class), and either recited a poem or sang a song to the mommies. Chloe stood on the end of her group and kept catching my eye as I snapped photos. And in trying to smile for my camera, Chloe would put out this funny *wink* and smirk as you can see. I had a few mothers come up to me afterward to comment on it. It was quite funny!









Here is a little video of their poem...


No comments: