Sunday, March 8

Hot & Spicy Mommies


My friend, April, plans a "mommies night out" about twice a year. We had one last Saturday night. There were about 8 of us moms, and we always try to choose a new restaurant with each outing. This time it was Alligator Soul. Its a Cajun/Creole style restaurant. They had live New Orleans music and a fun atmosphere! First up on the agenda - order a drink! Three of us got one of their Watermelon Lemon Drops. Can you say YUM!?!?!?!




The social buzz was constant until the gentleman in the band stepped forward and sang a Louis Armstrong song - and sounded JUST like him!!! He sang "What A Wonderful World".... awesome!




The chef of the restaurant kept running past our table to do some personal service to a special table behind us, so as he passed, I grabbed him! PHOTO OPP!! He was so cute. He had that Southern Accent and charm.

On to dinner... I had the Jambalaya as I have never had it cooked authentically outside of my friend, Denise - and THAT would be hard to beat. And quite honestly, I still liked Denise' better - truly!!
Then here is a shot of April's order of deep fried pickles. I know.. I know... but she is pregnant, and it sounds like she would have ordered them anyway because they are a favorite.
Finally, here is a picture of the dessert that April and I shared.
BANANAS FOSTER BEIGNETS

No comments: