Friday, March 6

Friends & Smores

We had an impromptu, mid-week dinner with our friends, The Walzs. We do that from time to time... call each other for dinner mid-week when we know there will be enough. So last Thursday they joined us for flat iron steak, sweet potatoes and roasted vegetables on the grill!

Of course, the highlight was the impromptu dessert we came up with. A few years ago I bought one of the Cosi s'more platters to take home. I am so glad I did because since then Cosi has gone out of business and I have never seen anything else similar to it!


We all sat around the table and lit our little fire for s'mores in the winter time. Without a big campfire to sit around outside, it just isn't worth it to go outside in the cold weather and make s'mores. It was perfect!! The kids LOVED it! But what kid wouldn't love the soft, gooey marshmallows, melted chocolate and graham crackers all over your hands & face?!? HONESTLY!!!

And what evening would be complete without a romp on the John Deere tractor?!?!


No comments: