Wednesday, May 26

Hamlin Park

IMG_7405You know its bad when you kids can request which McDonalds they go to depending on which playground they are in the mood for!

Today, it was “the jungle one, Mommy!”.  Jungle play structure…tick…tick…tick…DING… ah yes, the McDonalds on Lake City Way & North 145th!

McDonalds is probably a 2x a month treat for our kids.  Sometimes they get lucky and get an extra visit with Daddy in his attempts to fill a weekend day when I am working!  Nothing wrong with that.  And truly, sometimes I just take them there for easy entertainment while I veg out and watch them, read my book, or whatever else I need to do while sitting still (except nap…bummer).

IMG_7402

Kirsten Finn, and her two kiddos, joined us in the madness.  First on the “to do list” besides taking off shoes was to get ice-cream for the kids.  Here are Keith and Nathan enjoying their treats.  And they were sweet enough (no pun intended) to share with their sisters, who would occasionally come off the the slide to get a bite!   IMG_7406IMG_7408

After the inside was done, we went outside.  Kirsten and I decided to hit a local park, Hamlin Park, that is on the way home for both of us.  They are currently remodeling both their playgrounds, so they were fenced off and unavailable.  But to our luck, this park has beautifully groomed trails, and it was a lovely day.  The kids led to way – SHOCKER!

  IMG_7411

Here are Chloe & Rachael plotting their course as the leaders… Keith hung behind to pick up the necessary sticks to make our journey.

 IMG_7412

 

 

At the end of the trail we were on, they had an art sculpture of cement balls.  This is called FUN… especially when you get to stand on them and claim what flavor of ice-cream they look like!

IMG_7413

 

 

 

 

IMG_7421

 

 

 

 

 

IMG_7420

 

 

 

 

 

Then, there is always the jump, from scoop to scoop!

 IMG_7426IMG_7417

 

Moving on, we found some “canyons”, as my kids called them.  It was a difficult challenge to get them to say “canons” after they thought they were “canyons”.  Couldn’t quite drop that Y!  Regardless, it was super cool to climb all over those, especially when Keith found out that canons are really just B-I-G guns!

 

IMG_7427

   IMG_7428 IMG_7429

 

I just love this picture of Chloe, Rachel, and Keith. 

 

 

 

 

 IMG_7430

 

And this is my friend, Kirsten, with her “buddy” Nathan.

IMG_7431

 

 

 

 

Officially, a GREAT day!

No comments: