Saturday, May 1

A Daddy Day

I had to work at the Isenhower Tasting Room this weekend, so Phil had some good time with the kids here at home in my absence.  Today was a BIG day – lots happened!

Early this afternoon, Chloe came to Phil and said, “Daddy… I want my training wheels OFF my bike.”.   Phil was surprised, but happy to oblige, and off she went!!

IMG_7225

He was so excited that he called and left me a message at work so I could know.  She had gotten a Razor scooter for her birthday last month, and I think that built her confidence in her balance enough to desire this next step!  A rite of passage for sure!!

IMG_7230

Apparently Keith had his own adjustment made to his bike.  He needed a place to put his light-saber while riding (because we all know how necessary it is to take it on a bike with you).  My MacGyver-Husband put together a little piece for him to clip his light-saber on to when Keith takes it off his belt… uh umm… his Jedi-belt.  Pretty slick!!

 

IMG_7226

While Chloe and Keith were riding around, Phil used some “pruned” branches from our trees to build a cool, home-made fence around our blackberry bushes on the median in front of our house.

IMG_7229

 

 

 

 

 

  

 

 

IMG_7227

IMG_7228

He even built a little arch type structure off of a tree that makes for a fun entrance to the surrounding path.  He didn’t tell me he was working on this, so when I came home from work, I got a big smile coming down our private road to see it!  What a sweet surprise, and a nice way to end the day.

 

 

After getting home, Phil needed to take off to church to help set-up the music for tomorrow morning – sound check, etc.  So off he went, while I spent the remainder of the evening with the kiddos.  They wanted to cuddle in our bed, and watch a show before bed.  We did that with popsicles.  Keith’s favorite = LIME (his mother’s child), and Chloe would have nothing less than a PINK one!

IMG_7231

Yep, it was a great day, all-around, at the Van Liew Zoo today!  :-)

1 comment:

brooke said...

LOVE the fencing!