My brother and his bride-to-be are on the hunt for a wedding location. Keith and I were invited on a day trip over the pass to Leavenworth. They are considering a facility called Sleeping Lady Inn. It is at the base of the mountains (out of the town of Leavenworth), near Icicle Creek.
The day started at the Dairy Queen in Woodinville where we all met up. The group consisted of myself, Keith, my brother, Claire (bride), Buffy (bride’s sis) and Oliver, Keith’s cousin-to-be! We figured an ice-cream would be an appropriate start to a long drive!
We arrived at the facility, and while Dan & Claire looked around, Buffy and I entertained the boys. They had a ball!
On the way back across the pass, we stopped up at Steven’s and made a few snowballs!
Rosie gave us a scare as at one point, she was gone, and then I heard her crying back in the woods behind us. FREAKED ME OUT! I thought maybe an animal had gotten to her. But she had slipped about 15 feet down a steep hill of snow and was unable to get back up. My brother graciously found a way down to get her and bring her back up. Whew!!
We made a snow man and threw A LOT of snow balls! Keith and Dan got pretty rough – boy rough – and it was awesome! Keith would just wing a ball at Dan from 12 feet away! They were wrestling in the snow and having a ball. I can tell that it is just a sign of things to come as Keith grows up. I just know that Uncle Dan will be his favorite!!
Here is a picture of Claire, Oliver and Buffy in front of our little snowman.
Claire was an easy target for Dan and the snow balls. At first she tried to hide behind an umbrella. Um…ya… that didn’t work for long. Finally, she put the umbrella away and got down and dirty!
And then this was a shot of my brother hucking a snowball at me while I was taking a picture. I was trying to get the snowball in the frame, but couldn’t. Right as I snapped this picture, SMACK!! I got beamed by a snowball!!
![]()
No comments:
Post a Comment