Saturday, October 31

My Ring

After getting home on Saturday from the vaccine adventure, Phil presented me with this…original band.IMG

My wedding ring was a white gold band with a princess cut diamond (the diamond in the center of this picture).  Here is my original ring that I have had the past 12 years.

I had told him when we first married that I wanted an anniversary band when we hit our 10 year anniversary.  Well, that came and went.  Things have been tough financially since we are self-employed and have young children.  So we didn’t splurge on anything in recent years.

IMG_5950This summer, however, my mom gave me a piece of jewelry that belonged to my grandmother.  She passed away in the fall of 2005.  The piece was newer, but had some old diamonds from her past.  I took the initiative and went to a local jeweler (who I would HIGHLY recommend – Cline Jewelers).  They helped me to design a newer version of my ring.  We used the same band, the same stone, and then my grandmother’s diamonds on the band.

I hadn’t seen the finished ring yet.  Phil picked it up on Friday, without me knowing, and presented it to me on Saturday.  I just cried – it was so much better than I had even envisioned. 

Happy Anniversary to me!!

IMG_5935

1 comment:

brooke said...

It's stunning! Can't wait to see it (you) in person.