Saturday, September 26

Madison Park with Uncle Dan

It has been a while since we had a day with Uncle Dan! He has been busy having fun with his summer. And now that his last year of Grad School at UW is creeping up, we decided to get together before his schedule started to get whacked.

We took the kids to Madison Park – my old “stomping grounds” from my Cookin’ days. They have recently updated & remodeled their playground, so we knew it would be a fun stop.

Chloe is normally very cautious when it comes to rides, new things, etc. But they had a zip-line-sort-of-swing thing that she immediately jumped on by herself. It started slow and she wouldn’t let anyone else touch her on it. But eventually, she built up courage and by the end of our time there, she was asking Uncle Dan to wing her down the line. Here is a little video clip! Be sure to listen to what Chloe says at the very end as she runs off the screen…

IMG_5411After play time at the park, we headed across the street to the beach. For those who don’t know, Madison Park is a beautiful destination neighborhood right on Lake Washington. It is near the Arboretum, and IMG_5414

just a lovely part of town. Surprisingly, the kids wanted to go swimming! I hadn’t planned on that, so we went with what we had. For Chloe, that meant taking off her dress and swimming in her underpants and leggings. For Keith, that meant swimming in his diaper. Um… ya.

IMG_5421IMG_5422

This is WHY they have “swim diapers”. Regular diapers just absorb that water until the gel starts to pop out! That diaper weighed about (no lie) 8 pounds by the time I took it off! At least I didn’t have to worry about Keiffy being swept away by a wave. If his feet were on the ground, that boy wasn’t going anywhere!

IMG_5423

After I dried him off, I didn’t have another diaper to put on (as I admitted I wasn’t prepared for swimming). So I just put his shorts & shirt back on – commando! Yep, nothin’ underneath those shorts. IMG_5426

And it wasn’t a problem – REALLY – until he decided that he wanted to start hucking sand in the lake. That is when he started to bend over…

Gotta love it! It’s the only way in the world that I can handle plumber crack… and that is, on my 2 year old!

IMG_5428

IMG_5429

No comments: