The night before last, Phil got Chloe in the shower with him and was able to wash out her hair. For any of you who know Chloe, this is a HUGE undertaking. Actually, it is an OVERTAKING because you really have to get control of the situation to keep her in the bath/shower/whatever... she is a bolter and refuses to let us wash her hair.
ANYWAY, she did fairly well, and after getting out, she was REALLY good about letting me comb it out. I was so impressed that I had a fleeting moment of insanity and decided that maybe I would try to trim her hair. It has been a YEAR since her last haircut and the ends are all dry and icky. Surprisingly, she sat very still while I started to trim, totally engrossed in her show... and then... she saw the scissors. FREAK OUT! Game over...
She ran to hide in the corner of my bedroom, behind the fan, and shouted, "You don't like me!" Ok, that's enough to bring a mommy to tears, seriously! As we do, we let her have her "self time". I left the room and went to lay down on her bed until her fit was over. I felt HORRIBLE, and started to cry a bit while Phil came in and talked to me.
Meanwhile, Chloe, looking like an 80's punk rocker (with one side of short hair, and the other side long), came into her room to see me upset. She doesn't like that, and immediately began to comfort me, even agreeing to sit still while I finished. So I did.
Chloe's hair is so VERY thick, that it was an impossible task to trim it quickly AND evenly. So I just trimmed it around so that the length would be similar at the very least. The next morning, I made an appointment at Lil' Klippers in Wallingford. BEST PLACE EVER! They took us in the morning with a last minute appointment.
To my astonishment, Chloe let the lady wash her hair in the sink, and sat in her chair the ENTIRE time without incident. I was such a proud momma!! After she was done, we hit Trophy Cupcakes which is right next to the haircutting shop in Wallingford Center. Perfect!!
And we all lived happily ever after.... until tonight when I asked if I could brush her hair....
No comments:
Post a Comment