My mother’s day actually started while I worked on Saturday at the wine tasting room. Unbeknown to me, Phil and the kids started building a raised vegetable garden for me. I have been wanting one for almost 4 years, as I left my old one behind at our previous home. I came home Friday evening to a box, sitting up off the ground, and half painted.
Phil built it, and then the kids helped Phil paint it bright red. Phil figures that as it weathers, the color will fade and become distressed to look fun and cool for the kids and I.
Sunday morning started with church. After service, we headed down to Richmond Beach with Team Walz to his the local coffee company for fresh crepes. They have a patio so we sat out and enjoyed the beautiful sunshine while nibbling on our goodies.![]()
After breakfast we headed home where the project continued on my box.
While they painted, I headed to the park to sit near the water and read my book out in the sun. This was my view…seriously!!
I read, snoozed, and read some more. Then, on my way home via Woodway (a beautiful drive that I take often), I made an impromptu stop at the Rosary Heights to see what it was about.
I found this amazing estate that is run by 4 remaining Dominican Nuns. I met Philomena (85 years old). She invited me to walk the grounds and explore on my own until she joined me for a chat.
What an unbelievable experience. The property is 24 acres big, and rests right on the bluff above the Puget Sound with full views. I couldn’t help but wonder and pray for the Lord to perform a miracle and have these ladies GIVE the property to me!!
Philomena told me that they were selling since it is too big to take care of anymore. In discussion, she asked what I did. I told her I was a mommy, and that my husband was self employed. She said, “how much would you guys pay for this?”. I just started laughing!! I told her that I couldn’t even begin to guess what their property was worth (including part of the railroad which they partially own). We are from humble livings, and couldn’t begin to guess.
It was a sweet conversation and a magical moment to share with this woman, who was a missionary in Haiti for over 20 years, and set up and worked in the orphanage that was recently destroyed by the earthquake. I can’t imagine going from Haiti to this, and then leaving again. Once you got me on this property, it would be difficult to ever leave!!!
The day finished at Pagliacci Pizza with my family. YUMMMMM….
No comments:
Post a Comment