Thursday, February 18

The Pink Room

I honestly never had any intention of feeding Chloe the PINK color as a girl.  When she was born, we painted her room yellow & periwinkle, and it stayed that way until she was 2.  Chloe's Room 2She DID have little pink flowers on the wall, but it wasn’t overly pink even though it was definitely girly.

 

 

Chloe's Room 3

I SO loved her room when she was a baby.  It was a sad day to move away from that house and watch the new owner paint over it with WHITE paint…

 Chloe's Room 1

But we eventually sold off the dresser and got her a new one along with the “big girl bed” that she got when we moved into our newer house.

When we moved, we painted the rooms in our newer home with colors we already had (for the most part).  So Chloe’s room was painted a really pretty green – which actually matched all the things that she had.  And as many of you know, her favorite colors were pink, yellow and green.  It worked…

IMG_1991 IMG_1990

…for a few years.  But we are officially in the full-blown stages of PINKILICIOUS!  Even her bus driver (in his grumpy old Russian accent) calls her “pink” because she is ALWAYS wearing it to school.

She’d been asking for a pink room for quite some time – almost a year now.  And we had purchased a gallon of paint a few months ago.  We had just never gotten to it.

IMG_6784The Saturday before last, Chloe had an impromptu sleepover at Kate’s house.  When we got home from our evening, I put Keith to bed.  When I came out of his room, Phil was no where to be found.  Then I realized that the light was under under the door in Chloe’s room…and there I found him, on a ladder, in his jams, painting pink on the walls.

 

IMG_6783

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

It’s really kind of cute, if you think about it.  Chloe is his girl… and he wanted to give her what she wanted, but by surprise!  This is something that I love about my husband – he is very thoughtful when I least expect it.  :)

IMG_6789IMG_6790

IMG_6791We started at 10:30pm, and Phil came to bed at about 1:45am. The only part that we didn’t get to yet is the space behind her book case.  It is bolted to the wall, and it is a bit more of a task to pull it away.  Besides, we need to get another gallon of paint for a 2nd layer of cutting in, and then behind case.  It will do for now…Chloe LOVES it!

IMG_6793

IMG_6795

 

      Way to go, Daddy!!

2 comments:

Addie said...

That's awesome! Our girls' room is pink, about the same shade as Chloe's and I love it!

Elaine Gisle said...

Way to fill her love tank Phil!