One of my fondest memories from childhood was my Saturday nights at my Grandma Evie’s house. With her mom in town, my mom took advantage of a night without her kiddo and would regularly send me over to Grandma’s house for a night.
The evening ritual was dinner, as my Great-Grandparents both lived with her. After dinner was my cuddle time in Grandma’s bed, watching Grizzly Adams and The Love Boat. Fantasy Island always started at bed time, so I never got to watch it… bummer!
But as I would watch Grizzly Adams, my grandma would blend up a maple milkshake for me. I would sip on it while I watched my favorite show. To this day, maple is so nostalgic for me. She would use her little Osterizer blender cups. I would sip them straight from the little cup.
My grandmother passed away in the Fall of 2005. As we went through her home, our family members would sensitively claim her treasures as their own. In the kitchen, we came across her little Osterizer blender cups. There were no arguments… they were mine. They fit our blender perfectly. All you do is attach the blade & cap to use it. I don’t think you can even find these things anymore.
Tonight, Chloe was fighting a cold. She hates the nighttime cold medicine we have for her – tastes icky! So, we made her a strawberry yogurt shake with her dosage of medicine IN it. The perfect disguise. She drank it all and looked just as content in my bed, watching Calliou, as I did, 33 years ago watching my favorite show in my Grandma’s bed.
No comments:
Post a Comment