Wednesday, May 27

The Big D



I have been procrastinating my entry about our Disneyland trip for ONE reason - it is too rich to know where to start! It was 5 days of pure bliss - and it seems overwhelming to write it all out in text. What I have decided to do for Chloe is create an entire separate book for that entire trip. With that, this entry will be short & sweet.... maybe lots of pictures!

We left on a Wednesday morning for the airport, and returned home that following Monday night. There were no "down" days - just straight Disney (with one hiatus day to Sea World).

Chloe did wonderfully well on the big airplane. I would confidently guess that her favorite part was the take off - the fast runway jaunt and then the air. Surprised? I'm not. That was my favorite part as a kid. And trust me, I did A LOT of flying at a young age.

We traveled with our dear friends, The Walz Family (James, Denise & Kate). The girls are the same age. We left Keith behind in Seattle to spend those 6 days with Grandmas - both Grandmas.

I made the girls matching shirts with their names on them. They wore them the first day. I figured it would be easy to spot them in the airport, at the park, etc. Besides, they just L-O-V-E-D the idea of having matching clothes... and so it begins!












Once in LA, we made a quick stop at In-N-Out (who wouldn't?!) and then hit the hotel and the park for the evening. Denise & James had purchased a tile for Kate that lies outside the park in the area between Disneyland and California Adventure. We all visited and gathered around it for a picture before entering the park. Once in the park Chloe just had the look of amazement on her face. When we walked in, Phil took Chloe right up to the train station at the top of Main Street and had her look out at the castle and all the activity below...




Our schedule was as follows:
WED - Disneyland
THURS - California Adv & Disneyland
FRI - Disneyland
SAT - Sea World in San Diego
SUN - Disneyland
MON - Disneyland, fly home to Seattle

We all had a blast - meeting characters, exploring new experiences, and just being in a place that is truly magical with no concerns of the outside world.
































1 comment:

brooke said...

The expression on Chloe's face is absolutely priceless!